mardi 28 juillet 2015

E46 N42 Engine Rattle (Video Included)

Hi all, Great forum you have here and an unbelievable wealth of knowledge, so hope someone can help me out.

Basically, I have a 2004 318i with the N42 engine, which has recently developed a horrible diesel like rattle. I have scoured the internet look at various videos etc but have yet to find the source of the problem. Car starts fine, idles good, drives well and has no EMS lights on the dash.

I have posted a video of the engine from today, video starts about 10 seconds I started the engine from cold and is left on for the duration. Obviously I have cut the video to an appropriate size so as not to bore everyone!

I have tried disconnecting the Vanos, which did nothing. I have tried disconnected the MAF, again, nothing. It is probably worth noting as well that, I discovered a small oil leak on the vacuum pump behind the engine and yesterday I disconnected the air inlet(Airbox, MAF, tubes, everything!! leaving the throttle body open to air) for a few seconds whilst the car was idling and the noise disappeared. Then today, I took the air filter off and created a sort of restriction to the air entering the engine with my fingers (if that makes sense!?) and again the rattle disappeared!

Finally once the engine is 2.5K RPM + the noise is not audible.

If anyone has any tips or any information that will help me I would be very greatful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this:eyecrazy



E46 N42 Engine Rattle (Video Included)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Fourni par Blogger.