jeudi 20 août 2015

Help Me Rebuild My 97 318i ! (Thank you)

Hey guys,

Little info about me. I've been wanting an e36 for a while, in particular a 318i sedan. It was one of the only available vehicles that did all of the things I wanted it to, which were....

1) had 4 doors.
2) was RWD
3) was stick shift
4) 4 cylinders and got good MPG with good swapping options for the future.

Plus it's a BMW! Who doesn't want a BMW?

So anyways, on Monday August 17th I went to go check out this 1997 BMW 318i in Hesperia for $500. In fact here's the ad!

http://ift.tt/1U0BVSR

Long story short, I bought it! After some trouble with AAA, I got it towed the 95 miles it needed to be towed to my friends place. First thing we did was clear the trunk out and unbolt the front seats to begin cleaning the interior. Unfortunately I failed to take pictures of the interior when it was dirty, but I believe I have a picture of it being cleaner now. Quite the improvement already. Then we hosed off the exterior and cleaned off the wheels a little bit. I have yet to go back and work on the car since then, but I'm hoping I get to go today! My first and main priority is to get this thing running, so any help would be appreciated.

Also, so far I've bought an alternator (it didn't have one), silicone radiator hoses, and hood shocks. I'm about to hit the purchase button on a mahle lx 500 air filter, a cabin filter, some Bosch spark plugs, new spark plug wires, a Bosch fuel filter, and steel braided brake lines. I know I also need oil and a filter, but not sure what else I will need aside from that.

On to the pictures..... I think I'll have to hop on a computer for these, give me a second


Help Me Rebuild My 97 318i ! (Thank you)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Fourni par Blogger.